Date: May 27-June 1, 2007
Who: Michelle and myself
Time: 6 days
This is a flashback post describing a trip to Monterey, California with Michelle a few years ago. I had to attend a work-related conference there and Michelle joined me.
Apparently, this was one of Michelle’s favorite vacations. A main highlight was the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Other highlights included a few hours in San Francisco, super-fresh-picked strawberries, kayaking on Monterey Bay, tandem biking, driving along the Pacific Coast Highway, and good food. I did attend the conference, really!
June 30-July 7, Michelle and I spent a week in Ouray for our 15th anniversary. Some of the highlights of our trip included:
- Staying at a nice rental house
- Plenty of hiking
- Outdoor concert at Ridgway with March Fourth
- Interesting presentation on a device that enables one to type (slowly) with only mind waves
- Bingo at the Ouray Elks Lodge
- Spa treatment and outdoor lounge at Chipeta Sun Lodge
- Reading and relaxing
A kind and generous woman in New Hampshire found my lost camera, while she was here visiting Colorado Springs. She tracked me down through Craigslist. Then, returned my camera by mail. She would not even accept financial reimbursement or a reward. Wow! Thanks very much, Annette!