Welcome! I started this site as a project to work on some basic web site skills. I work in the information technology profession, but am not a web developer. I chose hiking as my main topic because it is something I really enjoy doing. I use this blog as a journal to record where I have hiked, and some other stuff I find interesting.
Some of my favorite hiking gear:
– Osprey Stratus 34 backpack
– Platypus Hoser hydration pack
– Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Cork trekking poles
– Katadyn Pocket water microfilter
– Saucony Progrid Xodus 3.0 shoes
– Patagonia Simple Guide jacket, R1 Hoody, Torrentshell
– Pikes Peak Atlas map
I use maps and a compass for navigation–I haven’t yet embraced GPS. I am a day-hiker, not a backpacker or camper. I like to hike alone, with my dog Samadhi, and/or with my wife Michelle. I do enjoy alone, quiet time out on the trail.
My LinkedIn profile is here.